Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sunshine and wine...

The weather man has been coming up goose-eggs lately. Despite the fact Saturday didn't turn out like it was supposed to (nice), we got the pay-off on Sunday when it called for storms all day and instead we got 80 degrees and sunny.

So we did some cleaning on the back porch, (child labor laws do not apply here) Christian and Shawna worked hard at getting all of the pine needles swept off:


And we even managed to get some rest and relaxation in. Mal read a book and I did a puzzle for a bit.

When the day was done and the terrible weather that we anticipated all day headed north, we watched Tron: Legacy and ate some popcorn. I popped open a bottle of wine I've been holding onto, only to find out it was added to my list of favorites!
The weekend was filled with musical delights from start to finish and Tron wasn't the only movie we took in. Mallory and I went to see Soul Surfer at Johnson Creek with some other Moms and friends of Mal's. The movie had a great message. It's been a long time since we've done an outing like that and I hope we can do more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm happy to see the blog updates!! Looking forward to future entries. Oh, and thanks again for the pizza last week - I'm still fantasizing about how awesome it was. See all of you soon. -Steve