Saturday, April 3, 2010

Do not be afraid...

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." ~Matthew 28
Blessed Easter, everyone.

It is 1:00 am and I have more to be thankful for than ever before.

My mother called me this afternoon that she was in the hospital. After attempting to clean a toilet, an accident put her in harms way. Sounds like a joke, but the age old warning not to mix cleaners (bleach and other toilet cleaners), became in innocent accident. No one to blame, just much to be thankful for, as she was discharged from Columbus Hospital this evening around 8:30pm.

Around the same time, my Uncle Ken was re-admitted to the hospital for a very low white blood cell count and being incoherent. After a 5 stint operation just days ago, it would seem the best place for him this Easter is in the hospital. The last report I recieved, he has stabilized and is doing okay.

I am blessed to be spending this Easter with my Grandma Vitense and Dan's parents. As I prepared my home today, I counted my blessings...thankful to have the opportunity to spend this sacred day with those we love and cherish, but do not take enough time to be with.

A wonderful morning with my father eating breakfast at a local family restaurant was just the beginning. I was honored to share with him my faith and a new way of life, celebrated daily. The true meaning of life and love. Humbled by Jesus who carried the cross for everyone of us, reminded of the words that echo so true...
"that's not fair? LIFE'S not fair. Want to talk about justice? Discussing the true meaning of love~

What better way to honor the One who gives me each mortal breath and eternal life?

An afternoon shopping with my daughter. She's so honest and at the same time is able to laugh with me and find humor in many of the same things I do. I couldn't imagine life any other way. I am proud to be her mother.

~"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid. ~Mark 16

That is our mission. Go and tell disciples.

So as I struggle with sharing His word and love with one most dear to my heart...this night I can relate just somewhat with Mary Magdelene. I say nothing because I am afraid. Dear Brother, I am missing YOU this Easter. Praying for you and loving you.




No comments: