Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Where does the day go?"

A famous question posed by my mom on a regular basis growing up.

As I sit down, that is what I ask myself.

I
  • met a friend for coffee at McD's this morning
  • dropped off my mom's laundry
  • picked up & prepared fruit for Mallory's class Going Away Party for their student teacher, Ms. Markgraaf
  • dropped it off at school
  • went to work
  • stepped in as Service Advisor for the afternoon so that Dan & Mark could catch up on some fishing up in DePere (poor guys were going through withdrawl, I could just tell)
  • got the kids from school, ran to the bank and to US Cellular
  • back to the shop to close up and prepare for tomorrow
  • ran to Johnson Creek to grab some deals on clothes for Christian (found a couple steals for myself as well on the clearance rack!)
back home and indulging in some wine I picked up today while Dan and I were renewing our Fishing Licenses!

Tonight was one of the first times in I can't remember how long that I went somewhere without a child, husband, or friend. It was a nice time and I discovered that I really like being with myself!

I am excited to have finally set some plans for Easter.
  • We will have brunch on Saturday with my dad out to eat.
  • Dan's Mom, Dad, and my Grandma Vitense will be joining us for brunch at our house on Easter after we go to church
  • Hopefully we will be able to see my mom Sunday night for a little while.
I am feeling bad for not getting to church today, Maundy Thursday. It really should be a priority in our lives.

Today, the day of April Fools, is our friend Schtevie Litscher's birthday! It's really Steve, but I've got my own nickname for him! I was hoping to get to Madison to hang out with him tonight, but he's got a meeting in the morning, so maybe we can catch up with him this weekend.

One last note for the day: I completely blew it with Christian last night. As much as I looked forward to today being the Friday of the short school week, I seemed to have forgotten the fact that Christian has a lot of things due on Friday that I just totally forgot about. Poor guy let me have it after school.
I think I need a checklist for my checklists.

I am looking forward to tomorrow when we can get the kid's rooms all picked up, spring cleaned, and ready to finish off the school year. Mine too!

No comments: